Border Trust, together with our granting partners, invites submissions from not-for-profit, community organisations seeking to deliver community based projects within the region.
Border Trust Grant Round opens 1 February 2017.
Applications Close Friday 3rd March 2017.
For information on grants available or to discuss your project and eligibility, please contact our office on 0260513349 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Projects are funded for a one year time frame and grant must be used within twelve months of acceptance. We welcome partnerships and encourage applicants to seek funds from a range of sources.
In 2017 the following grants will be available:
- Community Grant Program
- Victorian Challenge Grant Program
- Adroit Insurance Group contributing towards projects with a Youth focus
- Youth Engagement Grant.
Albury Wodonga YWCA “Young Women Leading Change” Grant Program
Albury Northside Chamber of Commerce “Good For Business – Good For Community” Future Leaders Scholarship
White Ribbon Committee Albury Wodonga – Prevention of Violence Against Women Grant Program.
All organisations applying for funding must:
- Lie within the Border Trust’s local government areas of Albury, Alpine, Corowa, Greater Hume, Indigo, Towong, Tumbarumba & Wodonga
- Be community based and function for charitable purposes with a registered ABN
- Organisations with, and without, Deductible Gift Recipient status are invited to apply
- An auspicing body may be considered in exceptional circumstances (discuss with Border Trust prior to submitting your Application).
WHAT WE ARE MOST LIKELY TO FUND
Generally, grants will fund
- Activity which has ongoing benefit to the community
- Innovative undertakings
- Projects which are in keeping with the mission and aims of Border Trust and those of our granting partners.
WHAT WE ARE LESS LIKELY TO FUND
- Capital works
- Ongoing salaries
- Projects in successive years.
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND
In accordance with Australian Tax Office Guidelines we are unable to fund:
- Organisations which are not Charitable in purpose;
- Recreational or commercial sporting activities;
- Projects for private or personal benefit.
- Activities or events that have commenced or already taken place.
Download the General Information for Grant Applicants document above.
ADDITIONAL FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES may be available from time to time where applications for unanticipated projects may be considered.
To enquire about funding outside the annual grant round program, please contact Border Trust.
For information regarding Tax Status definitions refer to:
Tax Concession Charity (TCC), http://www.ato.gov.au/Non-profit/Getting-started-for-non-profit-organisations/In-detail/Tax-concessions/Charities/Tax-concession-charities—FAQs/
Deductible Gift Recipient: http://www.ato.gov.au/Non-profit/