The 2019 Community Grant Round will open 1.2.19 – 15.3.19 for projects commencing from June 2019.
Please feel welcome to contact the Border Trust office before applying to discuss your project and eligibility
The Application form is standard and can be used to apply for any of the available allocations. Specific eligibility may apply and we strongly recommend you read the General Information before proceeding. We aim to keep it simple and accessible for all, so please let us know if you get stuck or if we can help in any way. And most of all – good luck!
FINAL 2019 General Information for Grant Applicants
2018 Community Grant Round awards 26 grants for projects totalling $199,685!
Border Trust’s Chair, Michael Houlihan: “Announcing our successful recipients is, without a doubt, the highlight of our year. It’s why we exist – to raise funds & distribute grants to support small local charities in the work they do. The projects we’ve been able to fund this year are again a testament to that”.
Border Trust, together with our granting partners, invites submissions from not-for-profit, community organisations seeking to deliver community based projects within the region.
The Grant Program opens 1 February annually.
For information on grants available or to discuss your project and eligibility, please contact our office on 0260513349 or email@example.com.
Projects are funded for a one year time frame and grant must be used within twelve months of acceptance. We welcome partnerships and encourage applicants to seek funds from a range of sources.
2017 Community Grant Round awards 30 Grants totalling more than $290,000!
As Border Trust’s Chair, Michael Salter, said “We’ve worked harder than ever this year with our donors and granting partners to help many local not-for-profits achieve great things for our community. The quality and diversity of the projects we’ve been able to support are testament to that”.
Areas of local need that will benefit from this year’s allocation include health and well-being, prevention of violence against women, food equity, enabling young people and women with a disability, the ethnic community, indigenous mentoring and youth engagement.
- Community Grant Program
- Victorian Challenge Grant Program
- Adroit Insurance Group contributing towards projects with a Youth focus
- Youth Engagement Grant.
Albury Wodonga YWCA “Young Women Leading Change” Grant Program
Albury Northside Chamber of Commerce “Good For Business – Good For Community” Future Leaders Scholarship
White Ribbon Ball Committee Albury Wodonga “Prevention of Violence Against Women” Grant Program.
1494 2AY Community Grants
Scanlon Foundation “Successful Transition of Migrants to Albury Wodonga”
2017 Granting Partners
All organisations applying for funding must:
- Lie within the Border Trust’s local government areas of Albury, Alpine, Corowa, Greater Hume, Indigo, Towong, Tumbarumba & Wodonga
- Be community based and function for charitable purposes with a registered ABN
- Organisations with, and without, Deductible Gift Recipient status are invited to apply
- An auspicing body may be considered in exceptional circumstances (discuss with Border Trust prior to submitting your Application).
WHAT WE ARE MOST LIKELY TO FUND
Generally, grants will fund
- Activity which has ongoing benefit to the community
- Innovative undertakings
- Projects which are in keeping with the mission and aims of Border Trust and those of our granting partners.
WHAT WE ARE LESS LIKELY TO FUND
- Capital works
- Ongoing salaries
- Projects in successive years.
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND
In accordance with Australian Tax Office Guidelines we are unable to fund:
- Organisations which are not Charitable in purpose;
- Recreational or commercial sporting activities;
- Projects for private or personal benefit.
- Activities or events that have commenced or already taken place.
Download the General Information for Grant Applicants document above.
ADDITIONAL FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES may be available from time to time where applications for unanticipated projects may be considered.
To enquire about funding outside the annual grant round program, please contact Border Trust.
For information regarding Tax Status definitions refer to:
Tax Concession Charity (TCC), http://www.ato.gov.au/Non-profit/Getting-started-for-non-profit-organisations/In-detail/Tax-concessions/Charities/Tax-concession-charities—FAQs/
Deductible Gift Recipient: http://www.ato.gov.au/Non-profit/