Border Trust has established a Community Fund for each of the eight Local Government Areas we support.
Residents and businesses across the region can now give to a fund specific to their community.
Wherever in the region you live, your Community Fund encourages giving at a very local level and allows the community to identify and support the projects they value.
Get To Know Your Local Community Fund
No matter who you are there is a way that you can be involved.
• Become a community champion and help spread the word
• Create a local event or donate profits from an existing one
• Invite Border Trust to your workplace to present our Workplace Giving Program
• Contribute time, talent or funds to help build the fund
• Get involved in the advisory committee to help establish community priorities
• Consider leaving a gift through your Will or in memory of a loved one.
How Your Donations Help Your Community
• The fund is perpetual and will keep on giving, year after year
• Donors decide how much and how often they’d like to give
• When your Community Fund grows to $20,000 and investment interest is earned, the fund can start to distribute grants to support local charitable purposes
• Tax deductions are available.
Introducing the GREATER HUME Community Fund
Download information here… Greater Hume Community Fund August 2016
The people of Greater Hume have an opportunity to support the area they love, live and work in by contributing to the Greater Hume Community Fund.
Established under the governance structure of Border Trust, the Greater Hume Community Fund is as local as it gets with all funds raised supporting not-for-profit groups and initiatives within your area.
Working Together for a Better Community
The Greater Hume Community Fund is a 3 way partnership between Border Trust, the Greater Hume Community and Greater Hume Shire Council.
Headlie Taylor Header Museum, Henty :
Bronze Sculpture & Memorial Scholarship:
a named sub-fund of the Greater Hume Community Fund.
Contact the Border Trust office to discuss donating to your local Community Fund.